Yet another journey to mobile development using Apache Cordova (previously known as PhoneGap). Attended a course that introduce the usage of HTML5 and jQuery to develop a cross-platform mobile Apps.
STEP 1: Preparing the Apache Web Server
Download and install your preferred Apache web server. In my case, am using the Apache web server in XAMPP.
In your htdocs, create a folder for your project. Inside the project folder, create the items as shown in the picture below. An index.html, a js folder, css and image.
STEP 2: Copy the jQuery mobile templates
Available in the jQueryMobile - download the latest from here http://jquerymobile.com/resources/download/jquery.mobile-1.4.5.zip.
After finish downloading the jQuery for mobile installer, extract. Copy the CSS and JS library in the respective folder created in Step 1.
One HTML file can accommodate the whole apps – try this demo http://demos.jquerymobile.com/1.4.5/pages/
Now we code using NotePad++, create index.html on htdocs/mobile
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/jquery.mobile-1.4.5.min.css" />
<script src="js/jquery-1.11.1.min.js"></script>1:2: <script src="js/jquery.mobile-1.4.5.min.js"></script>
<!-- Start of first page -->
<div data-role="page" id="page1" >
<div data-role="header" > Page 1 </div>
<div role="main" class="ui-content"> Hi </div>
<div data-role="footer"> kerul.net </div>
<!-- /end of 1st page -->
<!-- Start of second page -->
<div data-role="page" id="page2" >
<div data-role="header" > Page 2 </div>
<div role="main" class="ui-content"> Hoi </div>
<div data-role="footer"> kerul.net </div>
<!-- /end of 2nd page -->
jQuery Mobile is a user interface framework based on jQuery that works across all popular phones, tablet, e-reader, and desktop platforms. Built with accessibility and universal access in mind, we follow progressive enhancement and responsive web design (RWD) principles. HTML5 Markup-driven configuration makes it easy to learn, but a powerful API makes it easy to deeply customize the library.
Preparing Android App For Google Play Using Windows
- Windows 7/8 in this case Windows 8
- JAVA SDK
- Android ADT
- Apache ANT
- Apache Cordova
For better understanding, create folder 'Mobile Dev' in Drive C.
All file will be downloaded here and this location 'C:\Mobile Dev' will be used for Apache ANT and Android Development Tool SDK.
We will go through STEP BY STEP with images to gain best understanding
A mobile software application developed for use on devices powered by Google's Android platform. Android apps are available in the Google Play Store (formerly known as the Android Market), in the Amazon Appstore and on various Android App-focused sites, and the apps can run on Android smartphones, tablets, Google TV and other devices.
This tutorial is in the development process, sorry to keep you waiting.
The Training Outline
Hybrid Android Apps Development
With Android phones being produced by all of the major phone manufacturers and with the addition of new tablet devices, it's no surprise that the Android platform is the fastest growing mobile development platform in the world. In this course, you will learn to develop Android applications using HTML5 and the ADT development environment. You will learn basic application development including using the Android call, SMS functions, working with online database, and location mapping.
The benefit of having the HTML and jQuery as the development tool is that the same source code could be deployed in another environment such as iOS and the Web.
At the end of the course, participant should be able to;
• Use HTML5, jQuery and the Android ADT to develop and debug Android applications
• Develop web-based mobile apps.
• Develop Database Application.
• Develop Apps with Mapping capabilities.
Who Can Benefit
• New and experienced application developers who wish to expand their toolset and specialize in developing Android apps for business, education, or personal use.
• Developers seeking a career enhancement as an mobile applications developer.
• Anyone who started building an app and needs help putting all the pieces together.
• Experience in any Programming Language
• A laptop running Windows with approximately 10GB of free disk space and 4GB of RAM.
The Android Development Basics with HTML5
• What Android is all about.
• How an Android project is structured
• Development tools installation.
• Web server setup (Apache HTTPd).
HTML and HTML5 basics.
• Basic HTML file.
• Text, Fontface, Hyperlinks.
• Image, Paragraph, Division, Header.
• Division, Header.
• Main Content
• Single-page template structure
• Multi-page template structure
Android App Project Generation
• Installing the tools; JDK, Apache Ant, NodeJS & Android SDK.
• Configure Windows Environment Setting For Android Development For Java SDK, Android SDK and Apache ANT.
• Setting up JAVA_HOME, ANT_HOME and PATH.
• Configuration Testing.
• Installing Apache Cordova.
• Building the Android project.
• Importing to ADT.
• App Icon and Splash Screen.
• Signing and packaging (APK).
Deployment & Distribution
• Registering Google Play publisher account.
• Uploading APK.
• Icons and Screenshots.
• Pricing & Distribution.
· Integrate jQueryMobile with Google Maps.
· Get the users current location.
· Using preset location, ie our location.
· Displaying the Maps for specific longitude and latitude.
Preparing Online Database
· Server configuration.
· PHP and MySql connectivity.
· Gui tool to manage data.
· MySql query for selecting data.
· Using PHP to display data.
· Classic form for text and dropdownn box.
· Submitting data.
· html5 search box.
Introduction to jQuery
· jQuery syntax.
· Selecting element and id.
· Getting HTML value and attribute.
· Animating content.
· Manipulating content.
· AJAX with jQuery.
jQuery Mobile Form
· Markup form element, text, label, search and dropdown with jQueryMobile.
· Apply jQuery AJAX, getting and manipulating content.
· Apply result page with normal text or pop/dialogue.
· Configure server to reach from native app.
Repackaging and troubleshooting
· Apply packaging with upgrade ability to Google Play Store.
· Accessing online data from real device.