Khirulnizam Abd Rahman ( email@example.com )
Rationale of Subject:
To expose students to the principles and practices of object oriented programming; such as class and methods, inheritance and GUI components. This course is important as the object oriented programming is one of the tools to create reliable applications.
By the end of the course, students should be able to
- explain the object oriented programming concepts and technologies.
- design a collection of classes and methods as the building blocks of program.
- write extensible and modifiable program using inheritance and polymorphism techniques.
- describe how exception and error handling works.
- build GUI’s and handle events generated by user interaction.
The intent of the course is to teach object oriented programming using Java in a hands-on oriented course, and to equip students with concepts and skills to develop application using object oriented technologies. Course covers the fundamentals of object oriented programming language with Java. Students will learn the object oriented techniques such as encapsulation, inheritance and polymorphism, exception handling, creating and running an applet, and mostly building GUI components and handling its event.