WordPress.org is a free blogging system. It is one of the most popular CMS that focuses on managing your blog posts.
While WPTouch is a plugin for mobile theme (touch) to Wordpress.org. It’s available freely from http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wptouch/ . And there’s also the Pro Version which available from https://www.bravenewcode.com/store/plugins/wptouch-pro/ . It automatically detect your mobile browser and transforms your WordPress blog into an iPhone application-style theme, complete with Ajax loading articles and effects, when viewed from iPhone, iPod touch, Android, Palm Pre, Samsung touch and BlackBerry Storm/Torch mobile devices.
I would like to share my experience in installing WPTouch using the old FTP way. There is another easy way, which is through the Plugins panel. Just add a new plugins, and provide the FTP information. I could not do the easier because my web server does not support the FTP from the browser.
And FYI, Wordpress 3.1 + WPTouch 1.9.23 = Works! …
1. Download the plugins from http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wptouch/ .
2. Extract the file.
3. Upload to the Plugins folder in your Wordpress folder, in your web server. For example home/WPDIR/wp-content/plugins/ (where WPDIR is the Wordpress installation folder).
4. Login to your Wordpress admin panel, and Refresh the Plugins panel. And Activate it before you could configure the Settings.
5. Click the Settings and you will get the WPTouch setting panel.
6. Save the settings and browse the website form your touch capable mobile phone.
All the best for your attempt.