Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines. It is a process to make the website in the front page as the top ranking on the search Engine when the client search on Google, Yahoo! or Bing. SEO is an important knowledge for a web master to promote visitor to come to their website.
(excerpt from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine_optimization)
These are some tips that I’ve gained during developing several websites of my clients. Click on the link below for the posts related to SEO in this blog.
Here are also a very good tips on how to increase your website’s visibility by the search engines.
- Write good and original contents.
- List all the possible keywords.
- Use your keywords wisely.
- Get another influential websites to link to yours (backlink).
- Make your website SEF (search engine friendly).
- Analyse your website to see which keywords that finds your website.
- Make sure you’re updated withe the new algorithms or rules implemented by the search engines.
- Avoid Black Hat techniques (or your website blacklisted).
- No duplicate content – original content please.
- List down your webpage’s keywords and descriptions.