Will it work? Before installing MobileJoomla! check your server configuration. The server must has the following;
- PHP 5.0
- MySQL 5.0 (if you try running Mobilejoomla! on MySQL 4 you will get all sort of funny error messages)
- Joomla! 1.5
- GD2 (PHP image library for image scaling)
- bzip2 (PHP bz extension, prerequisitement for TeraWURFL device database)
- mysqli (prerequisitement for TeraWURFL device database)
- Procedure creation right in MySQL database
- File creation rights on PHP
- At least 100 MB of database disk space
- At least 64 MB of memory for running PHP scripts (PHP memory limit)
I’ve checked with the EXABYTES.com.my CPanel and found out that they do support these requirements. Thank God!
- First you need to download the installation file from http://www.mobilejoomla.com . However you need to register to the website first (very simple registration and off course email verification).
- Use the Joomla! default installer to install the mobile extension.
2. A little configuration to enable the mobile mode (actually you don’t have to do this).
3. Use your mobile browser to check the mobile mode.
4. Done … Isn’t that easy.