BarCamp is an international network of user-generated conferences (or unconferences). They are open, participatory workshop-events, the content of which is provided by participants. The first BarCamps focused on early-stage web applications, and were related to open source technologies, social protocols, and open data formats.
Looking forward for such event, where the presentation topics will be decided by the attendees. Since the previous Joomla! Day My 2011 had tooooo much marketing craps, this is a place to learn some pure tech stuffs. This is the real place for a tech guy. I’ve already registered, hope to see you guys there…
Copied verbatimly from the official website…
The fourth Barcamp KL will be held in Cyberjaya! Topic area is open, we welcome everyone who wishes to share and learn! From previous experience, many of Barcamp KL's participants come from the tech industry.
A BarCamp is a peer learning event born from the desire for people to share and learn in an open environment. It is an intense event with discussions, demos, and interaction from attendees. There are no invited speakers and no VIPs. Sessions are proposed by participants on the spot and decided by participant's votes. Join whichever session you're interested to learn more about. If you don't like a session, walk out of the room politely and move to another. It is an excellent way to hear about new things and meet new people. The first ever BarCamp in Malaysia was held in 2008.
- Date: 13 - 14 August 2011
- Venue: Faculty of Information Technology (FIT), Multimedia University, Persiaran Multimedia, 63100 Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia
- Registration Form: http://goo.gl/718yR
- Cost: FREE!
- Dress Code: Casual (previous Barcamp T-shirts encouraged for geek cred)
- Topic Area: Open
- Official page: http://barcamp.org/Barcamp-KL-2011-(Cyberjaya) (this page)
- Facebook event link: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=213335872035434
Location Map - Google Maps Link: http://goo.gl/mJnZp