You are cordially invited to the 8th International Conference of the Asian Association for Lexicography, which will be held in the beautiful island of Bali, on 20-22 August 2013.
The conference will look at the features and roles of lexicography and dictionaries in the information age.
The participants will include lexicographers, linguists, translators, lecturers, teachers, and students who are interested in lexicography and dictionaries.
Special sessions for software developers and publishers interested in presenting their products are also available.
Call for Papers
There are three streams for this ASIALEX 8th International Conference:
- Parallel sessions
- Software demonstrations
- Publishers' presentations
The theme for the parallel papers is: Lexicography and Dictionaries in the Information Age. The topics of the papers include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Evolution of dictionaries into multiple information sources
- Lexicography as an interdisciplinary research field
- Development of online and mobile dictionaries
- Features of pocket electronic dictionaries
- Printed dictionaries in the information age
- Dictionaries for minority languages
- Advances in dictionary user surveys
- Dictionaries as language learning resources
For submitting an abstract for the parallel sessions, please download the following form: Abstract proposal form
Software developers and publishers interested in presenting their products are invited to download the following form: Publisher and software proposal form
For further information, please contact Dr. Deny Kwary, email@example.com.