Proforma & Course Outline – download here
Rationale: To expose students to the principles and practices of mobile programming. This course is important as it serves an enhancement of other programming subjects.
Synopsis: In this course, students will learn to design and develop mobile apps for Android devices. Students will work directly with the Java programming language and Android Studio development tool to build mobile apps from scratch, with the goal of enabling students to independently produce fully functional app prototypes. Students will also be exposed to the debugging, testing and deployment process for Google PlayStore.
1. To prepare students with ability to develop mobile apps.
2. To expose the students to use all the controller and multimedia in GUI programming.
3. To train the students with skills to design, develop, debug, test and deploy mobile apps.
Course Learning Outcomes:
By the end of the course, students should be able to
1. describe issues on mobile apps development.
2. develop a mobile apps project.
3. incorporate GUI and multimedia elements in mobile apps.
4. debug, test and deploy mobile apps.
Course outline – download here
- Intro to Mobile Apps Development (Android) + slides
- Installing the Development tools - Android Studio 2.2
- Creating a new Android Project (Hello World)
- Debugging Android Device Monitor
- Testing using Emulator and Real Device.
- Adding GUI controllers – Buttons and EditText
- Adding RadioButton, CheckBox, and ListView.
- Handling Multiple Screen using Menu and Preferences.
- Adding an External Libraries – Google Maps API + read tutorial
- Offline Database with SQLite.
- Online XML/JSON feed
- Signing and Distributing APK in the Google Playstore + read tutorial .
- Debugging, Testing & Deploying Project
Post a Comment